Jessica P. Albert
Focusing on complex commercial business litigation, white collar criminal defense and internal investigations, and practices in federal and state courts throughout the United States and before arbitration panels as well as through government investigations.
Jessica P. Albert joins Stumphauzer Foslid Sloman Ross & Kolaya after almost seven years in government service. As an Assistant Public Defender, Jessica gained invaluable experience as a trial attorney and an advocate. She conducted thousands of depositions of government witnesses, including expert witnesses, DNA analysts, civilian witnesses, and law enforcement agents.
Jessica briefed and argued numerous issues before the Eleventh Judicial Circuit. Jessica comes to the firm after spending her final year as a Felony Training Attorney. In that role, she supervised ten younger public defenders in the preparation and execution of effective trial practice.
Jessica had the unique opportunity to try over 70 cases to verdict, securing not guilty verdicts in the vast majority of her trials. Importantly, Jessica recognizes that it is not in the best interest of every client to litigate a case through trial. In many instances in her career, Jessica worked closely with the Government to secure favorable negotiated resolutions for her clients.
- Board Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2014
- CALI Award, Civil Litigation Practice; Staff Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics; Lane Evans Home Court Fellowship
- B.A., Vassar College, 2009
- Helen Miringoff Award, for substantial contribution to an agency or the community; Milton Weintraub Scholarship; Varsity Field Hockey; Varsity Lacrosse
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
NEWS & INSIGHTS
Prior to joining Stumphauzer Foslid Sloman Ross & Kolaya, Jessica served as an Assistant Public Defender in Miami-Dade County, where she tried over 70 cases to verdict, securing not guilty verdicts in the vast majority of her trials. Jessica also conducted thousands of depositions of government witnesses, including expert witnesses, DNA analysts, civilian witnesses, and law enforcement agents.